What: 2nd Annual Entrepreneur Day San Diego
When: Friday September 27th- Saturday September 28th 2013
Where: East Village, Diamond Tower Building San Diego
Entrepreneur Day 2103 is scheduled for Friday night – September 27th (evening cocktail, networking, guest speakers, and E-wards), and Saturday – September 28th for the main stage events; Guest Speakers, Angel Elevator Pitch on stage, Fashion Style and Art Show, and over 100 exhibitors planned.
San Diego Entrepreneur Day 2013 Schedule:
Friday Night, September 27, 2013, 6:00 PM to 9:30PM (limited to 400 attendees)
– Location: FIDM (Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising), 3rd Floor, Comerica Bank/Diamond Tower Building 10th Ave and J Street, 92101
Venue, Food and Beverages provided by: Screen Shot 2013-08-27 at 10.11.47 AM
6:00PM to 7:00PM – Networking Happy Hour and Style Design Show
– All the food and beverages inclusive (as available) included with ticket
7:00PM to 8:00PM – Guest Panelists (The TasteMakers, Entrepreneurs with different tastes, interests, target customers and business sectors). Guest moderator – Brian Hawkins- Director of Consumer Marketing at venture-funded StyleSeek(tm), and instructor at FIDM, UCSD and CIBU.
– Topics to include raising capital, forming of the cofounders, sales strategies, use of cash, branding, the logo design, dealing with employees at a startup, marketing of a startup, getting into the mind of an entrepreneur, and more.
Leaders/Founders in the “TasteMakers” Panel include:
– ForwardMetrics (recently closed on $1M+ of seed capital)
– Skin Authority
– Good Time Design
– VC Entrepreneur from Silicon Valley
8:15PM to 9:30PM – E-wards given out to 15 outstanding San Diego based Entrepreneurs/companies
– Guest Emcee
– Guest presenters from Hiscox Small Business Insurance, Accion and more.
Saturday, September 28, 2013 (street capacity for over 7,500 people)
- Free registration to win prizes
- Free to attend, open to the public, and bring Pets!
- Exhibitions, Workshops and Main Stage Events
- Starts at 10:50AM to 4:00PM
- Located @ 715 J Street, from 10th Avenue to 7th Avenue, 92101
- Unfenced area, free and open to the public
- Limited to 100, 10×10 sized Exhibitor Booths
- Located by Petco Park on J Street with 5 major streets blocked off
- Food and Beverages provided by local establishments
- One main stage with over 200 seats
10:50AM – Opening Ceremony & Ribbon Cutting and Surprises!
11:10AM – Fashion Style Art Show
11:45AM – Fashion Style Lounge Experience Sponsored by Fortune 421
12:30PM – Entrepreneur Guest Speaker on the main stage, presenting Mark Bowles, Founder of ecoATM.
12:00 Noon to 4:00PM – Workshops (two locations)
Location Changed from BASIC to the Cateye Club at 377 7th Avenue, between Lucky’s Diner and the Blind Burro (limited to only 50 people!)
Lounge & Learn sponsored by GoDaddy
12:00 Noon- GoDaddy – The importance of Domain Name and Email Branding
1:00PM – Digitaria – Social Media, PR on the Web
2:00PM – Embark Law – Introduction to Partnership/Co-Founder Contracts, Pre-Entity and Entity Formation and (Intellectual Property)
3:00PM – The Importance of Branding and Logo Design – Handcrafted Brands by Jeremiah Gardner
Farmer’s Mercado Workshop (outdoor tented area, located on J Street and 8th Avenue)
12:00PM – Farmer’s Market Vendor 101 (condensed workshop) by (Catt White, co-founder of Public Market)
1:00PM – Web Development by Zesty: The Zesty Workshop gives small business owners, working directly with web professionals, a new business website in a day.
2:00PM – Brand Promotions by Blue Sky Marketing
3:00-4:00PM – Case Study- Success Stories shared and questions answered by Homemade Harvey and Tea Gallerie
1:30PM to 3:30PM – Elevator Pitches (main stage)
– Ten (10) Finalists
3:30PM – Elevator Pitch Awards (Cash and Prizes)
- DJ Music Entertainment
- Product Sampling
- Focus Group Research
- New Product Introductions
- Networking and Collaborating
The event will recognize San Diego’s Entrepreneurs and business owners, create a network of resources to promote business growth, inspire entrepreneurship, and stimulate job creation.
Stop by the Hiscox Small Business Insurance booth at San Diego Entrepreneur Day and tell them your company story for the chance to win great prizes. All interviews will be recorded and promoted on the Hiscox Small Business Blog and their social media channels.
Share your secrets for entrepreneurial success to win:
1st prize – Admission to ONTRApalooza – The Ultimate Event for Business Rockstars, Oct. 2-3 in Santa Barbara.
2nd prize – Annual subscription to pitch engine for creating social media press releases.
3rd prize – One-year premium subscription to LinkedIn.
Learn and discover the various opportunities and resources available to entrepreneurs, startups from tech, low tech to no-tech and small business owners.Entrepreneur Day’s goal and formula is to proactively help ignite at least 500 Entrepreneurs/Small Businesses who would employ up to 5 people or utilize contractors/vendors.